- Jan 2021. POMMEL keeps publishing! Please find the article "Spatial and temporal variations in the distribution of birch trees and airborne Betula pollen in Ireland." Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 2021.
- Jul 2020. We are delighted to announce the first publication from this project: "Recent developments in monitoring and modelling airborne pollen, a review." Grana, 2020.
- Feb 2020. Our team was spreading the Aerobiology in the 7th Annual Respiratory Nursing Conference. Portlaoise, 28th February 2020.
- Nov 2019. We were talking about Aerobiology in the Science Week
at the TU Dublin. A full house with a great audience.
- Oct 2019. POMMEL partipated in the American Association for Aerosol Research (AAAR 37th Annual Conference) with an oral communicacion. This event was celebrated from 14th to 18th October in the Oregon Convention Center, in Portland, Oregon, USA.
- Oct 2019. POMMEL presented a poster at the National Air Event 2019, that was held in Kilkenny. 16th October 2019.
- Sep 2019. Do not miss the talk about Aerobiology and Climate Change that we will deliver during the next World Environmental Health Day this Thursday 26th September.
- Aug 2019. Our team participated in the Advanced Aerobiology Course on automatic and real-time pollen monitoring. It was organised by the Federal Office of Meteorology and Climatology MeteoSwiss under the aegis of the International Association for Aerobiology (IAA) and the EUMETNET Programme AutoPollen.
25-31 August 2019, Payerne (Switzerland).
- Feb-Apr 2019. POMMEL started to forecast for Alder (Alnus) pollen season. After, during April, we started to forecast for Birch (Betula).
More information available in Pollen sampling section!
- Jan 2019. This project appears in the last edition of the newsletter published by the International Association for Aerobiology, because some POMMEL's members are also taking part in the Young Aerobiologists Working Group (YA WG).
>Access to the full IAA Newsletter (Jan 2019)
- Nov 2018. We participated with a poster in the National Air Event, celebrated in Kilkenny River Court Hotel (Kilkenny, Ireland) on last November 22nd -23rd.
- Nov 2018. POMMEL presented a poster at the EPA-HSE Environment, Health & Wellbeing Conference. 7th November 2018. Dublin
- Sep 2018. POMMEL participated in the 11th International Congress on Aerobiology. It took place from 3rd to 7th September 2018 in Parma (Italy).
>Read more about this congress
- Feb 2018. The International Association of Aerobiology presented this project in the International Aerobiology Newsletter. You can find it on Issue No 83, page 5.
>Access to the full IAA Newsletter (Feb 2018)
Pollen grains and fungal spores analysis and forecasting,
their relationships with meteorological parameters
and land cover changes.
Analysing and mapping sources of particles.
Remote sensing technologies, dispersion of organic
and inorganic pollutants and phenological analysis.
Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the material contained in this website, complete accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Neither the Environmental Protection Agency nor the authors accept any responsibility whatsoever for loss or damage occasioned or claimed to have been occasioned, in part or in full, as a consequence of any person acting or refraining from acting, as a result of a matter contained in this website.
This project is funded under the EPA Research Programme 2014-2020. The EPA Research Programme is a Government of Ireland initiative funded by the Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment